Ductless Mini-Split Advantages
- Flexible – Since ductwork is not required, a mini-split air conditioner or heat pump can be put into almost any room, without having to modify ceiling or plenum space. All you need is a place to mount the indoor unit, and then run a line set outside to the outdoor unit.
- Simple – With fewer components, installation is much easier and less time-consuming.
Quiet – While the mini-split almost has the simplicity of a window unit, it runs much quieter and more efficiently.
- Energy Efficient – Not only do mini-splits have some very advanced technological control sequences and operations, they also allow you to only heat and cool areas of your building that need it. Each zone can run a different temperature, meaning less energy waste. Central HVAC has it’s conveniences, but more often than not, it’s conditioning spaces that are usually unoccupied.
- Improves Air Quality – Indoor air ducts over time build up a lot of dust and dirt particles. This reduces indoor air quality. By going ductless, you no longer have this problem.
- Versatile – With various different sizes and configurations (such as multiple indoor units on a single outdoor unit), finding the perfect solution for your building is achieveable. This is the case with residential and commercial buildings alike.